Monday 3 September 2012

What Is Awesome?

The goal with my current training is to be awesome. Or, in my case, MORE Awesome!
But, what is awesome?
For some it is defined by the size of the biceps. “Sun‘s out, guns out!“ But, to others it is defined by weight lifted from the floor. To still others it revolves around GPP abilities (read Crossfit). That is the difficulty with awesomeness. It is defined in the eye of the beholder. To me “Chuck Norris“ might be the epitome of awesome, but to you he might just be some idiot who went “Missing In Action“ (several times!).
So, I have defined my criteria for awesome, and will measure myself against that. The goal is to narrow the gap between where I am now and “Awesome“.
I invite you to do the same. Choose a level of awesome that is within you to achieve. No point trying to be an Awesome Bodybuilder if you are a skinny-fat hardgainer. That will only lead to disappointment. You have to take your limits into account, but don‘t pander to weakness. EG: Oscar Pistorius made it to the Olympics. Awesome. He did not try to take on Usain Bolt in the 100m. That is beyond his actual limitations.
Be realistic, but don‘t be a pansy.
Awesomeness is within reach of us all. It just takes some dedication, hard work, persistance and cojones (metaphorical ones for ladies).
Become Awesome!

No comments: