Friday 3 January 2014

What Happened to 2013?

Suddenly it's 2014.
2013 was full, and fast. I just realised it passed without a single post.
A lot has happened.

Training
I finally managed to buckle down and 'Just Do It'.
I've had Training A.D.D. for a long time, but in 2013 I managed to contain it. Mostly.
This meant that although I didn't push my bench into new territory, I reclaimed the previous PR.
(My shoulder issues are now mostly fixed.)
Deadlift was good. I increased my PR to 180kg (395lbs in old money).
Squat is not going very far, but that is due to a bad knee, that will probably never be 100%.
I can still squat 135kg (300lbs), so it's not awful.

Life
New Child.
Career change.
Family Visits.

2014
I recently purchased Simple And Sinister.
I only have one statement to make after reading it: "Buy It. Read It. Apply It."
I have been using it as my base for a month so far, and I can see the benefits already.
This year will continue the Powerlifting Goal Pursuit.
  Deadlift: 205kg (450lbs). This will be more than 2.5 Bodyweight.
  Bench: 135kg (300lbs.)

I'm interested to see if I can make this work. I have a plan. More to follow...

No comments: